Thursday, September 30, 2004

My First Poem

One afternoon I was wondering as to how I would clean my dirty bike when suddenly it started to pour. The rain pelted like the proverbial ‘cats and dogs ‘. In fact, it came down so hard that literally the cats and dogs and their relatives ( with due respect to their lineage) had to run for cover. A sudden happiness came over me. At that precise moment, the poet in me woke up after a rather reaaaaly long sleep of 20 years. Nevertheless, to ‘start’ something is more an achievement that to do nothing. Some creatures might think otherwise, but since they are not humans we can give this thought a slip. Anyway as I was saying, I got inspired as any ‘real poet’ would and in one fit of inspiration wrote down a small poem !! but before you go any further-

{Disclaimer}
the masterpiece exhibited here is protected under the Copyright Act. Any copies in the form of mails ,Xerox’s etc. will be punishable under the Inter-Galactic Panel Court Act - " GET SCREWD IF YOU COPY 4089CX(b) ". this work is solely and entirely of the poet’s and of no one else . any resemblance to any other poem in any other form, in any other format , in any other country or for that matter any other part of this universe is merely a coincidence and nothing but coincidence. lastly, read it at your own risk and the poet is in no way responsible for whatever damage this poet may cause to the psychological state of the entity concerned. . .
{End of Disclaimer}

Rain, What a beautiful pain,
thundering among the clouds you come,
blistering through the skies,
and quench the mother Earth of its unending thirst;
Pristine though you are,
you are a rarity in this town,
Rain, What a beautiful pain,
Why don’t you come again…


Wouldn’t you call that ‘piece de resistance’ ! ( At least that is what I think so. I mean traditionally , it so happens that humans do appreciate their own work and I’m no different ). and lastly This poem is dedicated to the ‘god of thunder- Zeus’ and the ‘Dead poet’s society’. . .

P.S - I finally got a hassle free bike wash. I myself couldn’t have done a better job.

4 comments:

vikraman said...

I am the real poet.

Oh My dear srikar!
You are a real fucker.

If you can't write a poem
you better go home.

Coz there isn't another man
who can challenge vikraman.

Vivek said...

Oh good lord, save us all from these wannabe poets.

Srikar said...

WHF !! Why Can't people appreciate real and genuine poetry? please god give these puny mortals some 'Brains'!!

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat internet marketing[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood avenues to build an income online.