Friday, September 10, 2004

Gods : let's play Iliad

I'm done with Iliad 2 weeks ago, but yet to get over the hangover. I mean any sane person would actually find it hard to believe the kind of interest gods show in this war.
One fine day Zeus wakes up with his big and potent family and decides to play the game of ' Iliad '. This sounds as simple as playing the game of ' LIFE ' !! the people back on earth ( both akhains and trojans ) do what not to please the gods. i mean if gods are pleased by the quality and the type of sacrifices one gives then " here me O lord, governor of all movable and immovable, accept my sacrifice to honour you - The best of the lads of the Dept. of CSE , in a small cluttery college called SRM engg. college of the name ' vivek srikumar'. the purest of souls and a virgin too !! accept him & grant my wishes". phew !! That was easy.
i don't mean to derogate Homer in any way. he's done a commendable job inspite of his handicap. Cheers to him !! But if you minus the gods from this voluminous 600 page book, I guess this epic wouldn't have existed considering that the war wouldn't have taken place !! Just an after thought. . .

1 comment:

Vivek said...

err...excuse me!!! WTF?