Monday, July 11, 2005

One year over and many more to come...

Last year on July, 2004 I had started my blog. I wish to celebrate the completion of its one year. While writing this post I recollect a poem by Oliver Windell Holmes - (I have made some changes of course)

IF all the trees in all the woods were men;
And each and every blade of grass a pen;
If every leaf on every shrub and tree
Turned to a sheet of foolscap; every sea
Were changed to ink, and all earth’s living tribes
Had nothing else to do but act as scribes,
And for ten thousand ages, day and night,

I shall write, and write, and write,
Till all the pens and paper were used up,
And the huge inkstand was an empty cup,
Still would the scribblers clustered round its brink
Call for more pens, more paper, and more ink.


I wish to jog down my amnesia lanes to pick out a few of my writings which I liked -
1) My First Poem
2) Hide & Seek - Newtonian Way
3) Shhhhh !! A Moment of Silence...
4) Euphemisms
5) The finer things in life
6) Engineering Over...

In addition to all these, the past year saw the birth of another blog or should I say a photo-blog.

13 comments:

Vivek said...

Woohoo! let the celebrations begin for the one year bash!

Srikar said...

it has already begun dude. Join in ;-)

-Poison- said...

happy b'day achilleus!

Srikar said...

thanx poison!

Sangeeta said...

Happy anniversary!!

Srikar said...

thanx sangeetha!

majamom said...

SRIKAR,

Congrats on completing 365 days of blogging!!!

I think you should post more often

at least once a week
if not once a day
what better way to live
then to blogaway blogaway!!

N A M A S T E,
MB

messys musings said...

ok so i m late for the wishes...but wat the heck..happy anniversary... whoa i m just a novice compared to u (started blogging in may)... nyway will get bak n read ur earlier posts later... got to rush now.. laterz

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Hey Congratulations on the successful completion on 1 year of blogging!!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey there ....

thanx for stopping by ...
and where in BLR do u stay ?

we [ my cousin ] used to have a cat at home, which i didn't exactly think the world of ... and then, it ate a lizard ( ??? ) and died .... felt real bad for it though ...

and ..... congrats on spending 365 X 60 hrs of blogging / thinking of blogs ....

The Lil fairy & her angel friends said...

congratz!!! happy 1st bday of ur blog!!

thinkpad_84 said...

happy birthday to ur blog and happy anniversary to u...i was just browsing thru the blogs wen i came across urs. i like ur poetry. and i'v started learning the guitar as well..not jimi hendrix style but only a bit sober ;-)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey ...

i am from rajajinagar .... 3rd and 5th block .... but am currently stationed in TVM ... in fact, did my schooling and coll here as well ...